Terms and Conditions
About the Terms & Conditions
LASIKSafeInOurHands.com is owned and operated by the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
By accessing, using and contributing to LASIKSafeinOurHands.com you agree to be bound by the below Terms & Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first visit to LASIKSafeinOurHands.com. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms & Conditions please do not access, use and/or contribute to LASIKSafeinOurHands.com.
These Terms & Conditions may change from time to time and so you should check them regularly. Your continued access to, use of and contribution to LASIKSafeinOurHands.com will be deemed as acceptance of the updated or amended Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
Use of LASIKSafeinOurHands.com
You agree to use LASIKSafeinOurHands.com only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of LASIKSafeinOurHands.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person or organisation, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within LASIKSafeinOurHands.com.
You agree that you will not:
- tamper in any way with the software or functionality of LASIKSafeinOurHands.com website, including, but not limited to, transmitting or posting any software or other materials to the LASIKSafeinOurHands.com website that contains viruses, time bombs, Trojan horses, worms cancelbots or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, data, personal data or information;
- create a database by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the information on the LASIKSafeinOurHands.com website;
- use information gathered from or in connection with LASIKSafeinOurHands.com for chain letters, research study, survey solicitations, junk mail, "spamming" or "SPAM", commercial or non-commercial solicitations, or bulk communications of any kind, including but not limited to distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such list;
- harvest or collect information about visitors to LASIKSafeinOurHands.com without their express consent;
- restrict or inhibit any other visitor from using LASIKSafeinOurHands.com, including, but not limited to, by means of hacking, denial of service attacks or defacing a portion of LASIKSafeinOurHands.com.
Both “ESCRS” and “LASIKSafeinOurHands” service marks, design rights, patents, names, images, logos are the property of ESCRS and shall remain vested in ESCRS. Users are not permitted to use any of these intellectual property rights without the prior written consent of ESCRS. All other trademarks mentioned on the LASIKSafeinOurHands.com website are the property of their respective owners and users are not permitted to use these without the written consent of their respective owners.
Nothing contained in these Terms & Conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the LASIKSafeinOurHands.com website.
Contributions to the LASIKSafeinOurHands.com website
Any message posted on the website expresses only the views of the author of that message and does not necessarily reflect our views or the views of any other person contributing to the website.
Contributions to the Forum must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in Ireland and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions to the Forum must not:
- be defamatory (a defamatory comment is one that may damage the reputation of a person or organisation);
- be in contempt of Court (i.e. your contribution must not contain anything that risks prejudicing current or forthcoming Court proceedings);
- be threatening, abusive, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy;
- be sexist, racist, profane, blasphemous, homophobic, xenophobic, or otherwise discriminatory and/or offensive;
- promote violence or advocate, condone or assist any unlawful act;
- describe violent intentions towards other people or organisations;
- be pornographic , sexually explicit, obscene or lewd;
- be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property, confidentiality or privacy rights of any person or organisation; and
- otherwise violate any law.
In addition, your contribution must not post a link to a website that contains, or directly links to, material that contravenes any of these standards. In particular, you must not post a link to:
- offensive material (pornographic, discriminatory or gratuitously violent); and
- unlawful material (such as material that condones or encourages unlawful acts, breaches intellectual property law or encourages others to do so, hacks or causes technical disruption to online services or describes how to conduct an unlawful act).
Contributors to the website should treat each other with respect, recognising their right to freedom of opinion and expression.
Advertising, promotion and commerce.
Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitations are unacceptable entries on LASIKSafeinOurHands.com.
You may not use the website for commercial purposes or for making a profit or for a profitable venture.
We accept no liability for any material submitted by visitors to LASIKSafeinOurHands.com and we are not responsible for its content or accuracy.
No reliance should be placed on the information found on the forum, and no liability is to arise as a result of such reliance.
You, the contributor, agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your messages, videos, sound-bites and stills and that you will not hold us responsible for any claim based upon the appearance and/or transmission of your submission.
Any message posted on the website expresses only the views of the author of that message and does not necessarily reflect our views or the views of any other person on the website.
Any failure to remove particular material from the website does not constitute an endorsement or acceptance of it by us.
The Site has not been written to meet individual requirements and is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as legal or professional advice or a substitute for advice covering any specific situation.
Before making any decisions based on the information contained on the Site, you are strongly advised to refer to alternative, independent sources of information to substantiate the basis for your decision. It is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to using the information in any way and to seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any information contained in this Site.
We will not be held responsible for the availability or content of any external websites or material visitors access through our site.
If visitors decide to access any linked site, they do so at their own risk and it is their responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
We do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party websites or material.
If any of these Terms & Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms & Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms & Conditions and the remaining Terms & Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The failure or delay of ESCRS to exercise or enforce any right in these Terms & Conditions does not waive our right to enforce that right.
These Terms & Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
While we encourage honesty and accuracy in terms of the information being posted on LASIKSafeinOurHands.com, we do not accept liability for any material submitted by visitors and we are not responsible for its content or accuracy. No reliance should be placed on information posted by visitors to LASIKSafeinOurHands.com, and no liability is to arise as a result of such reliance.
We will do our best to respond to complaints in terms of posted content and aim to remove inaccurate or offensive content promptly from the website.
If you would like to contact ESCRS to file a complaint or inform us of any abuse on LASIKSafeinOurHands.com, please contact (Insert ESCRS contact details) or email us at info@LASIKSafeinOurHands.com
ESCRS endeavours to ensure that the website is available 24 hours a day. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily without notice in the event of a system failure, maintenance or repair. ESCRS will not be held liable in cases when the website is unavailable.