Selecting your surgeon
Not all eye surgeons are experienced in LASIK. Your general practitioner or optician may be able to recommend LASIK surgeons in your area, but you should still ask some questions to ensure that your surgeon is well qualified and highly experienced.
- How long have they been performing LASIK?
- How many LASIK procedures do they carry out each month?
- What are their outcomes data for LASIK surgery? (Make sure you ask for their personal results rather than the results for their clinic)
- What proportion of their patients are able to carry out daily tasks without glasses or contact lenses following LASIK?
- What proportion of their patients experience complications following LASIK?
- How do their results compare to the national average?